1. Chicken Parm w/spaghetti
2. Hamburger steaks w/ mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes
3. Sausage jambalaya
4. Smoked chicken sandwich. w/ coleslaw
5. Sesame chicken w/noodles
*add veggies to noodles
6. Chicken potpie
Grocery List: Week 1
Rotisserie chicken (can pick up later in the week)
1 link jalapeno sausage
1 lb hamburger
onions (3 yellow, 1 red)mushrooms
1 green bell pepper1-2 jalapenos
Garlic (already minced is fine)
Small can shoe peg corn
Coleslaw dressing (T. Marzettie is best)
8 oz. linguine
Italian bread crumbs
1 (8 count) can of southern style biscuits
Gravy packet (mushroom or brown)
Asian toasted sesame salad dressing (Kraft)
creamy peanut butter
Untoasted sesame seeds (optional)
red pepper flakes (optional)
Ground ginger (optional)
3 cans of cream of _____ soup (any combo of chicken, celery, or mushroom), I use reduced fat
Zaterans Jambalaya mix (family size)- or yellow rice mix
Frozen bag of peas, carrots, and corn
*frozen veggies to add to Asian noodles- optional
1. Cut chicken breast in half and dredge in an egg lightly beaten, then a mixture of Italian bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Make at 350’ for 20/25 min. Pull out, cover in sauce, and a slice of mozzarella or provolone cheese. Bake another 15 min.
2. 1 lbs. hamburger with 1 egg and 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs, add 1 tsp. worchestieshire sauce (optional), and season with onion flakes, garlic, oregano, salt, black pepper. Heat some oil in a pan and brown the patties 4 minutes on each side. Remove them from the pan. Prepare packaged gravy according to directions in the pan used to make patties. Place patties back in the gravy and cover. Let simmer for a few minutes.
3. In a pan sauté one or two bell peppers, one yellow onion and a few garlic pods (all chopped) in a some olive oil. Add a bay leaf. Follow the directions on the back of the Zaterans box Using chicken broth for water, add 1/2 to a whole small can of tomato paste, and sliced smoked sausage. (I smoke my sausage and extra so it is already hot. Tyler likes to pan sauté the sausage before I sauté the veggies to make them crisper. If you are smoking the sausage, smoke the chicken for tomorrow night).
4. Put 4 or 5 smoked chicken breast in a food processor and pulse until it is chopped. Stir in BBQ sauce till moist. Serve on bun with coleslaw.
For coleslaw: bag of angel-hair cabbage, 1 jalapeno- chopped (deseed if you don’t want some heat), 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 1/2 jar of coleslaw dressing, small jar shoe peg corn (you can use yellow if there is no shoe peg) 1/2 red onion (use the other half for the sandwiches). Mix together and let sit for a while before eating.
5. 1 pound (16 ounces) boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized chunks.
Combine in a plastic bag.:3 Tbsp soy sauce, 3 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp honey, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 cup white, untoasted sesame seeds , and liberal pinches of black pepper, ground ginger, red pepper flakes and ground cinnamon (all optional). Add chicken, mix together well so the chicken is thoroughly coated in the marinade, cover and let it sit in the fridge for 2 hours or so. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange chicken on a cookie sheet with edges (jelly roll pan), and pour liquid on top of it. Bake in oven for 5 minutes, flip chicken pieces with a spatula, and bake for another 5 minutes, or until done.
For the noodles:
Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain reserving 1/3 cup water.
Whisk together 2 tbsp. peanut butter, 1/2 c. sesame salad dressing, 3 tsp. soy sauce, 2 1/2 tsp. rice vinegar, 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes, and the reserved pasta water. Add pasta, 3/4 cup chopped green onions, 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro, and toss till coated well.
6. In a large pot sauté 1 large yellow onion (chopped), 3-4 stalks celery (chopped, optional). Add a bay leaf, and 1 rotisserie chicken. Add 3 cans of soup ( any combination of cream of chicken, cream of celery, cream of mushroom) and 2 cans chicken broth. Slowly bring to a boil. Add a bag of frozen carrots, peas, and corn. Place biscuits on-top of the soup. Brush with milk and sprinkle with oregano (optional). Bake at 350’ until biscuits are browned on top.