13. Honey Mustard Pork skillet with rice
14. Baja Chicken Fajitas **slow cooker, chips and salsa
15. Baked Tilapia and roasted veggies
16. Quiche with strawberry/ yogurt parfait
17. Chipotle Pork Ribs ** can be made in the crock pot
18. Italian saus., penne w/ tomato cream sauce
Grocery List: Week 3
Boneless pork chops
3 lbs country style pork ribs
Avocado or premade guac (optional)
1 Sweet Potato
3 Red peppers
Jar Roasted red pepper
Dry white wine
7 oz. can chipotles in adobo sauce
Old Bay, Garlic and Herb
Whipping Cream (small)
Small sour cream
Cheese for quiche (swiss, jack, smoked)
Prepared pie shells
Wild Rice side
Plane mashed potatoes
Tomato sauce (2 jars)
13. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, and cook 5 min. on each side or until browned. Remove pork from pan. Add 1 ½ cups white wine, 1/3 cup honey, and ¼ cup Dijon mustard; bring to a boil and cook 3 min. Return chops to the pan; reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes, turning pork after 6 minutes. Serve with wild rice.
14. Slice chicken in half creating thin cutlets. Whisk together 1/3 cup olive oil, ¼ cup tequila, the juice of 2 limes, 3 tbsp. cilantro, 2 minced garlic clove, 1 tbsp honey, and 1 tsp. salt. Toss the chicken pieces in ½ of the mixture, and let marinade for 1 hour. Combine 1 cup sour cream with juice of 1 lime ; season with salt and pepper(optional topping). Grill chicken (in a pan or outdoors). Heat tortillas. Slice a few jarred roasted red peppers and heat in microwave for 20 sec. Chop a few green onions, a little cilantro, and avocado.
Top tortilla with chicken, some reserved tequila dressing, sour cream, red peppers, green onions, cilantro, and avocado.
15. Thaw fish. Skin and cube sweet potato, slice red pepper, slice squash, chop onion. Toss all veggies, including mushrooms, with olive oil and any seasonings (old bay, Italian seasonings- rosemary, basil, oregano) garlic salt, pepper, red pepper. Spread veggies on a roasting pan, Place in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove and stir/toss. Place back in the oven. Place the fish on another roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Heavily season with old bay, garlic salt, and a little pepper on both sides. Place fish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes (until flaky).
16. Slice strawberries. Toss in Splenda or sugar and let sit in fridge for a few hours (can also marinate them in a little amaretto or orange juice). Cut the Canadian bacon into cubes and toss in a tbsp (or so) of honey mustard (or Dijon). Chop 5 green onions and chop a few jarred red peppers. Grate cheese. In a thawed pie crust place the ham, green onions, red peppers, and a handful of cheese. Beat together 6 eggs and 1 cup cream with salt and pepper. Pour into crust. Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with yogurt and strawberries with juice.
17. In a food processor, combine 1 cup honey, 2 cups ketchup, 1-2 tsp ginger, and 5 chipotles with adobo sauce. Blend until smooth. Taste and add remaining chipotles, or more honey if desired. If sauce is too thick, thin with a little water or apple juice. Pour half of the sauce over the pork. Marinate for at least 4 hours (up to 24 hours). Prepare a grill pan, or grill. Grill and baste with remaining sauce. ***to cook in crock pot- cook on low for 7-8 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes.
18. In a heavy sauté pan with 1/4-inch of water. Bring water to boil, put on lid and cook for 10 minutes. Remove lid and continue cooking over medium heat, turning every 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan and slice. In the pan sauté 1 sliced red pepper and 1 onion for 3-4 minutes. Add 3-5 chopped garlic cloves. Sauté for another 2 minutes, add sausage back to pan. Reduce heat and pour in spaghetti sauce. Stir in a few chunks of cream cheese. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Serve over penne.